Get your motorbike licence

Receive a full rider licence

Changes to NT driver licences and photo ID cards

From November 2020, Northern Territory (NT) driver licences and all other photo ID cards issued by the Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) will change.

Read about these changes.

After you have completed your provisional rider or restricted rider licence period, you will be eligible for a full Northern Territory rider licence.

You will need to pay the full rider licence fee.

You can then be issued your full rider licence:

  • in person at a MVR
  • or by mail.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 06 October 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.