Driver licences for remote residents


Changes to NT driver licences and photo ID cards

From November 2020, Northern Territory (NT) driver licences and all other photo ID cards issued by the Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) will change.

Read about these changes.

If you live in a remote region, DriveSafe NT can help you gain your learner driver licence.

It will also help you with the process to get your provisional licence (P plates) and your full NT driver licence.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 09 June 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.