NT Pensioner and Carer Concession Scheme

Travel concessions

You must make sure you are eligible for a travel concession before leaving for your trip.

Before making your travel arrangements contact the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit.

The travel concession is for members that have one of the following concession cards:

  • Australian Government Department of Human Services (Centrelink):
    • Pensioner Concession Card - age pension
    • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Australian Government Department of Veterans' Affairs
    • Pensioner Concession Card (60 years and over)
    • Health Card - totally and permanently incapacitated - gold.

You need to have lived in the Northern Territory (NT) for at least two years before you travel to get a concession.

The travel concession is available every two years from the start date of your last travel concession.

The concession applies to any form of transport, including private vehicle. The concession is also available for family and friends to visit you in the NT.

Fill in the relevant application form to apply for travel concessions:

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 05 September 2016


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.