Members' rights and responsibilities
All staff and members of the Northern Territory Pensioner and Carer Concession Scheme have a number of rights and responsibilities.
Get a poster of these rights and responsibilities:
Your rights as a member
As a member of the scheme you have the following rights:
- have access to concessions where eligible
- receive quality services
- be treated with respect
- be informed
- actively participate
- have privacy and confidentiality
- provide feedback and make complaints.
You responsibilities as a member
As a member of the scheme you have the following responsibilities:
- tell the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit if your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible for a concession
- call the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit if you need help providing information needed for your concession
- treat staff and other members with courtesy, dignity and respect
- provide all the information the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit needs to process your application for any concession
- read all the information about concessions and your membership that is given to you
- consider allowing the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit to share your information to improve the scheme
- be fair and honest if you make a complaint and help the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit resolve issues
- submit concession claims within a reasonable time - within six months or within the current financial year, whichever is longer.
Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit responsibilities
As part of the scheme, the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit are responsible to:
- give you access to concession where you are eligible
- provide you with high quality services
- treat you with courtesy, dignity and respect
- provide information about the scheme that meets your needs and that you can understand
- include you in decisions made about your membership
- respect your privacy and keep your personal information safe
- respond to your feedback in a fair and timely way.