NT Pensioner and Carer Concession Scheme

How to apply

This page has information on how to apply to join the NT Concession Scheme and the NT Seniors Recognition Scheme.

You can apply for membership online.

If you are applying for off-grid or on-supplied electricity concessions fill in the off-grid and on-supplied electricity concession form.

Off-grid and on-supplied electricity concession form (63.8 kb)
Off-grid and on-supplied electricity concession form (774.3 kb).

The information below will help you to complete your application.

Your details

The name and address you provide should match the name and address you provided to utilities and agencies such as your local council, Jacana Energy, Power and Water, and the Motor Vehicle Registry.

You need to be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident and live permanently in the NT to become a member of the scheme. You must provide copies of at least two documents from the list below that show you meet these criteria.

Australian citizenship or permanent residency

Provide a copy of one of the following:

  • passport - current or expired within last two years, but not cancelled
  • Australian birth certificate or birth certificate extract
  • permanent residency visa
  • citizenship certificate.

Northern Territory residency

Provide a copy of one of the following that shows your address:

  • NT driver licence
  • local government or council rate notices
  • telephone bill
  • Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs correspondence
  • bank statement
  • credit card statement
  • water, electricity or gas bill
  • rent receipt from a real estate agent
  • lease or rental agreement.

Member eligibility

To be a member of the scheme you must hold one of the nominated concession cards.

You need to provide your Centrelink customer reference number (CRN) or your Department of Veterans' Affairs card number, expiry date and category.

Spouse, de facto and dependants

Provide all relevant details of your spouse or defacto and dependants under the age of 16 who live with you. This information is needed to work out what concessions are available to you.

For your spouse or defacto to access concessions they will need to be a member and should complete a separate application if eligible.

Pre-paid electricity tokens and e-tokens

Some people in remote communities and residential care facilities use pre-paid electricity tokens or e-token meters. In this section you need to indicate if you use pre-paid tokens and the size of these tokens so you can be sent the correct ones for your meter.

If your house has an e-token meter, you need to write this on your application so you can receive an electricity concession.

NT Seniors Card

The Seniors Card offers discounts from participating businesses and is a separate program to the NT Concession Scheme and the NT Seniors Recognition Scheme.

If you are 60 or over and answer yes to this question there is no need to complete a separate Seniors Card application. If you answer no there is a separate form available if you wish to apply for a Seniors Card in the future.

Find out more about the Seniors Card.

Your personal information

Your information may need to be provided to other agencies such as Centrelink, Department of Veterans' Affairs, Jacana Energy, Motor Vehicle Registry, Power and Water Corporation, your local council, your optometrist and your travel agent.

Your personal information is not shared for any other purpose than to validate and process your application for concessions.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 09 August 2018


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.