Volunteering in the NT
Volunteering is time given willingly for the common good and without financial gain.
It is a way to participate in the community and can help to:
- connect with others
- develop new skills
- use existing skills
- build confidence and self-esteem.
Volunteering in different sectors
You can find volunteering opportunities in a range of sectors including:
- human rights
- community services
- emergency services.
Types of activities
Volunteering roles and activities range from:
- providing professional expertise in a formal role with an organisation such as:
- sitting on boards for not-for-profit organisations
- fundraising for a community group
- refereeing a local sports game
- caring for someone in the community
- to more informal roles and activities such as:
- washing a team’s uniforms
- helping at a child’s school
- taking out a neighbour's bin
- caring for a family member.
Small businesses and not-for-profit organisations
If you are looking to develop your volunteer-involving small business or not-for-profit organisation, you can get support through the Business Growth Program (BGP).
The BGP offers employment and governance solutions to help you develop your organisation.
To find out about volunteering opportunities in the NT, or to recruit volunteers to your organisation, go to the Volunteering SA&NT website.
Find out about subsidised working with children clearances for volunteers.
Last updated: 28 February 2020
Share this page:URL copied!