Community benefit fund: vehicle gifts
How your application is assessed
This page provides information on how your application for the vehicle gifts program is assessed.
Your application will be assessed by the community benefit fund (CBF) committee.
The committee is made up of representatives appointed by the responsible Minister. It consists mainly of non-government community representatives from across the Northern Territory (NT).
The committee considers all funding applications and makes recommendations to the Minister who will ultimately determine if a grant will or will not be funded.
Step 1. Check
- you are an eligible organisation
- your organisation is meeting its reporting obligations under the Act under which it is incorporated or with Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission if applicable
- your organisation does not have any outstanding acquittals with the CBF
- your organisation has not received a vehicle gift in the last three years.
Step 2. Assessment
- meets the current priorities of this grant category
- the applicant’s client base
- the intended use of the vehicle
- the current method of delivering the services for which the requested vehicle is intended
- availability of alternative modes of transportation for the activity or service
- the extent of community benefit
- level of current and in-kind support the applicant receives from government sources - federal, state and local
- the eligibility of the applicant for special or ad-hoc grant funding from NT programs
- the capacity of the applicant to meet the vehicles running, maintenance and insurance costs
- gifts and loans of NT Government assets made to the applicant in the past.
Other factors that will be taken into consideration include:
- how much funding your organisation has already received from the CBF
- what other applications have been submitted in that round
- evidence of sound financial management
- how much funding your organisation already receives from other sources
- how much funding is available in the round.
Step 3. A decision is made
Read the funding rounds to find out when you will be notified.
Last updated: 31 January 2020
Share this page: