Community benefit fund: gambling research grants
How your application is assessed
This page provides information on how your application for the gambling research grants is assessed.
Your application will be assessed by the director-general of licensing.
The director-general of licensing will make a recommendation to the responsible Minister.
Only research proposals that show the research can be completed within the funding allocation and identified time frame will be considered.
Your application should include below points:
- does it meet the current priority
- must clearly show how the project will advance understanding of an issue, or contribute to an actual reduction in gambling-related problems
- a strategy for disseminating findings to achieve practical benefits
- efficiency and effectiveness of the project design and consistency with ethical research standards
- support for the principles of harm minimisation
- access to any other sources of funding for the project or related activities
- practical and financial contributions made to the project by the organisation requesting funding.
Last updated: 31 January 2020