Community benefit fund: vehicle gifts
Who can apply
If you want to apply for the vehicle gift program in the Northern Territory (NT) you must be a NT based non-profit community organisation.
- the Associations Act (NT)
- the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth)
- the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Commonwealth)
- any other Act of Parliament.
Organisations must be not-for-profit and have a physical presence in the NT.
If you are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC), you must be compliant with their reporting requirements.
You can't apply for the vehicle gift program if you are:
- an individual
- an organisation licensed to operate electronic gaming machines
- a body corporate or similar
- a government or semi-government organisation like a hospital, library or councils
- a public or private school - including primary, secondary and tertiary institutions
- a school affiliate or auxiliary body like a school council
- a research foundation or trust
- you have an outstanding acquittal from a previous community benefit fund (CBF) grant
- you have received a vehicle gift from the CBF in the past three years
- an association that is not compliant with your reporting obligations under the Act under which you are incorporated, or to ACNC if applicable.
You can apply for passenger and light commercial vehicles.
Applications for four-wheel drive vehicles will only be considered if you can show that a two-wheel drive vehicle is not fit for purpose.
Coaster buses will only be considered on a case-by-case basis and only when stock is available.
You can only submit one application per funding round.
You can't apply within three years of receiving a prior vehicle gift.
If your application is unsuccessful, you can reapply for another round. The assessment of all applications is based on merit.
Last updated: 01 February 2019